3 months research
The BFC APAC 2019 programme was developed through more than 3 months of in-depth research with the individuals and organisations at the forefront of the industry, curating practical experience of driving change. The result is an agenda with a focus on the most pivotal blockchain projects shaping the future face of financial services.
We collated the key challenges encountered by financial institutions when streamlining blockchain projects from pilot to production. BFC APAC 2019 will bring together key technical and financial individuals to form a collaborative environment to help overcome these hurdles. Resulting in a smoother road to production for blockchain projects.
With blockchain projects moving out of the pilot stage and becoming more of a reality for financial institutions, we've gathered expert financial professionals to discuss how the technology is transforming their businesses. With keynote presentations and panel sessions, hear first-hand which use cases are showing the most promise.
The business model - separating hype from reality
- Moving Projects to Production: With blockchains being applicable to so many business areas; explore the risks and opportunities of each to help you make informed decisions on which projects to implement
- Commercial Benefit: Given the cost of implementation; explore where the long-term cost reductions will be found with blockchain technology either in business processes or client satisfaction
- Blockchain Beyond the Hype: Debate the promise of blockchains for financial institutions to understand where the technology can make a real impact on your business
- Use Cases: Debate a range of use cases that could be improved with blockchain technology within FSIs with highlights on
- Trade Finance: Examine the range of trade finance blockchain initiatives being improved with blockchains and how FSIs are working together to streamline live production
- Payments: Explore how blockchain-based payments will establish faster payment methods while analysing if there are pitfalls in scalability when moving to production
- Digital Identity: Debate the challenges of moving digital identity to blockchains and understand how to work together to ensure compliance, privacy and security remain the key priorities
- Capital Markets: Delve into the entire life cycle of capital markets to consider the key areas where blockchains will improve efficiencies
- Clearing and Settlement: Hear about new developments in clearing and settlement on blockchains and investigate the regulatory constraints on the journey to adoption
- Insurance: Explore where blockchains will benefit insurance including looking into claims for fraud reduction, KYC and compliance
Digitisation and Tokenisation of Assets
- Digital Assets: Debate the notion that all current assets (loans, derivatives, stocks, invoices, money etc.) will be moved onto blockchains to help ensure transparency within FSIs
- Tokenisation: Consider how wide scale tokenisation will provide data security if implemented with blockchain technology
- Crypto Assets: Discuss the current status of crypto assets and debate the future of payments (be that crypto or fiat currency) for financial institutions; to help you prepare for the future and challenges that may arise
- Emphasis on Education: Determine common misconceptions of DLT to ensure that clear paths can be created for blockchain adoption
- Collaboration: Understand the importance of collaboration between financial institutions, regulator and technology companies to establish input from all relevant parties for future projects
- Legal & Regulatory Perspective: Explore how to have the legal and regulatory structure in place with your blockchain projects so that confidentiality and privacy remain at the forefront of business
BFC APAC 2019 Speakers Include:
BFC global TESTIMONIALS
"The organization was impeccable and the range of topics presented and discussed was wide and very worth taking part in. Looking forward to your next iterations."
Head of Blockchain Lab, Sberbank
“Great discussions around relevant topics in the transforming financial services realm”
Co-Head of European Government Affairs at Citi
Project Manager, FinTech Network
Tel: +44 (0) 203 409 8416
FinTech Network Limited, Registered in England and Wales
Company Registered Number: 11463837
VAT Registered Number: 305 2666 21